5 Tips for life!

I wouldn't say that I am a particularly religious person but when someone talks sense I just have to listen. Yesterday I was running through my Facebook posts. I normally do this to either post something inspiring/uplifting or to find stuff that is just that: uplifting. Yesterday I came across a Facebook post where Steve Harvey was talking to Bishop T.D Jakes. I have been hearing about TD Jakes for ages and must admit that when I got back into twittering that I followed him (more so to have some positives amongst the self-promotions/  and information that takes place on that social medium. Any way he said five tips for live that spoke to me and I felt eager to share with you. Here they are;

1. Own your own happiness - 
Lusi@rgbstock.com
At this time in my journey I can clearly say that I am happy. I chose to be that way and have created that in my life. It is truly a state of my mind. It is not due to anyone else but my own actions, thoughts and deeds. If you asked me two years ago if i would be in this place right now I would have said No. But here I am. It takes courage. If you asked before if I was brave and courageous the answer would have been No. How did I get here? Answer: A step at a time and day by day.

2. Your life story is only one perspective - 
Mzacha@rgbstock.com
Never thought of it like that but it’s true. I have looked at my life from only one angle and that's been in it. Sometimes when you are in it you can’t see it. You know what I mean? I remember something from  a recent course that I took where they asked you to get feedback on your performance by doing a 360 degree exercise. I had to ask those who I worked with to give me their impression of me. All I can say was boy was I surprised. I was fearful of asking and fearful of reading the results but I had to read them. Boy was I surprised. My fear of looking at things differently nearly kept me in the same place. By doing the exercise I freed myself from some mental slavery of old ideas that i held about myself. I embraced the new and I embraced me as seen through their eyes. Powerful and scary is all a will say. 

3. Enjoy the journey - 
arinas74@rgbstock.com
 When I was much younger I thought only old people just said that to make you feel better. Lol. The real truth is you never appreciate anything if you don't appreciate the here and now. Appreciating filled me with a sense of gratitude. This helped me to develop a change of mind and heart.  TD Jakes was right... Enjoy every day and celebrate it all along the way.  There is joy in the process. The first challenge was to recognise when there was a joyous aspect within my day. At first it was a struggle. But each drop of joy added up. I realised that if I don’t see the joy who the hell else will? I also realised that if I didn’t see them as valuable no one would. This helped me to understand that I am valuable. If I am valuable anything coming into my life that doesn’t value me is not good for me. What say you?

4. Make relationships count -  
rgbstock.com
My relationship with God (Or a higher being and if you don't believe in that then skip that one out for yourself) - My relationship with myself, my children, family, friends, work colleagues and the list goes on. All relationships are important. Some are here to teach us life lessons about ourselves while others are to enrich our lives. Bishop Jakes said ...." there is no fruit without relationships..."

5. Balance work with play - 
darktaco@rgbstock.com

 I had to laugh when he said this because I can be one serious cookie. But Bishop T.D Jakes is right! Not everything every day is serious!  If you don’t laugh you surely gonna be depressed, anxious and well just end up dead!

So enjoy the weekend ahead (I mean I'm writing this on Friday so hence the weekend but hey whenever you read it enjoy the week ahead) and be thankful this is one of my shortest posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Sequel

First Day at School

Why a Blog?